Wednesday, September 19

Sometime in May this year, a friend and I got on a plane to Siem Reap for a five day vacation. I left my kids behind in my husband's able hands. I've never been anywhere much, and I felt I really needed this breather, with just someone unencumbered by the demands of living a partly-slaving life with children, a spouse, and a day job. Whinnie is the best one there is. It was a good decision all in all. The place reminded me a lot of my Vietnam trip some ten years ago, ancient in its edifice and teeming with history. To me it doesn't matter if it's good or bad, or both. Every place is bound to have a past, and soon enough, a future. 

Siem Reap, a province in Cambodia, and gateway to the famed Angkor Wat temples, was as remote and exotic as I would want a place to be, with people just as gentle and almost untouched by the contraptions of a modern world. Here are some images I took of the place, but this is a work in progress,  and I need to find time to organize the hundreds of photos I've taken. I will keep adding images in the next few days. Needless to say, Cambodia is now etched in my mind, for life.



























my travel and best bud, whilma
all smiles at the Angkor Wat entrance
អរគុណច្រើន. Thank you, Cambodia.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...