Monday, September 24

I have once mulled over Henri Cartier Bresson's quote saying that your first ten thousand photographs are your worst. He probably said that figuratively, although in the age of digital photography, that can't be any further from the truth. It's not impossible to take as much as ten thousand photos with a single memory card, now that we are talking gigabytes and terabytes storage. But I really think his words made a lot of sense. I took it that he meant one has to make a choice and use his camera to the fullest; that he has to practice his craft a lot, ten thousand folds, until his passion for it comes to fruition.I am still trying to get there. As my kids grow, so does my love for photography. I cannot say that I will someday leave an indelible mark to the world, as far as photography is concerned, but for now I am enjoying the journey. I have yet to take my best photograph, and I always keep that goal. I will probably never take it in this lifetime, my best photograph, but then at the moment that's exactly what keeps me going. These are a few photos of Sophia around March this year, playing with an old Advantix film camera outside our place. I love how the afternoon sun is just about to wane and throws a bit of golden glow on her head.
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...